An aspect of the Benghazi episode which is often overshadowed is the story of the two American soldiers, Glen Doherty and Tyrone Woods. Ordered to stand down, these men instead threw themselves into the breach between embassy employees and attacking Jihadists. They didn’t fight for 15 minutes, or 45 minutes- they fought for 7 hours, seven long hours of bullets bouncing off walls, exploding RPGs and the screams of the dying and wounded. Surrounded, outnumbered, and badly outgunned, they managed to survive and fight on. This was heart breaking courage and combat skill, of the type displayed in Somalia and portrayed in the movie, Black Hawk Down. In 7 hours, you could almost paddle a canoe across the Medditeranean, you would think. 5 hours into the attack, while Woods and Doherty were still alive and fighting, our president engaged in a phone call, a call to Hillary Clinton, and a call he originally insisted he did not make. Not a call giving a command to do everything possible in order to get help to those besieged in Benghazi. It was about shaping the publics perception of the attack in light of the coming election. No help reached the embassy that night and at some point the bodies of the two defenders went limp. None of that though, diminishes the sheer courage of those two warriors, who willingly laid down their lives not only for their friends, but for others they didn’t even know. They fought valiantly, and they refused to break rank. What ever political fallout comes from our leaderships breach of duty and shirking of responsibility in this affair, none of it can tarnish the heroic and selfless action of these two men. It is certain that there was no breach of duty or responsibility on their part.
COPY RIGHT/PERMISSIONSMark Hodges and Notmanynoble Blog, 2009-2010. Unauthorized use of this material is prohibited. THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO POSTS AND PAGES WRITTEN FOR APOLOGETIC PURPOSES, FEEL FREE TO USE THESE AT WILL, THATS WHAT THEY'RE HERE FOR, excerpts from personal vignettes may be used, provided credit is given to author and blog with appropriate direction to the original content.
1988 San Antonio Rescue
- 32,549 views
- Author Bio
- Books Available
- Carbon Datings Shakey Foundations
- Classical Darwinism; Natural Selection
- Haeckel’s Fraud and Homology
- Homology Without Ancestry
- Is God Unfair?
- Lyell’s Geology; short version
- Lyell’s Geology; the longer version
- Modern Day Prophets?
- Of Mice and Men; DNA Sequences Compared
- Radio-isotope Dating; Questions and Answers
- Radiometric Dating
- Scientific Censure of the Fossil Record
- Spontaneous Generation
- The Ancient Irish Kings
- The Anglo-Saxon Kings
- The Blood of the Prophet
- The German Higher Critics: How Rational Were They?
- The Historical Roots of Modern Science
- The IPCC’s Ice Core Data Reviewed
- The Logical Nonsequitur of Roe vs Wade
- The Science vs. Religion Strawman
- The Smithsonian Rebukes the Nat’l Geographic
- The Truth About Scientific Consensus
- The Welsh Chronicles
- The Worlds Bloodiest Religion
- Three Ways to Destroy a Nation
- Was America formed to be a Secular Non-theistic Nation